What Kinds of Conditions Can It Treat?
MLS laser therapy has proven highly effective for a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries. This includes virtually any inflammatory condition, soft tissue damage, and even nerve injuries. Acute trauma, overuse and chronic injuries, and even surgical sites and wounds have shown great results when treated using the MLS laser.
Examples include, but are certainly not limited to:
What Is the Treatment Procedure?
Each treatment session with the MLS laser takes only 10-15 minutes on average—a little more if we’re treating multiple injuries or an especially large area of injured tissue. It’s very simple: You come in, we inundate the injured tissue with the laser beams, and then you leave. It is totally painless and non-invasive, with no anesthesia or drugs required.
A standard treatment course typically requires anywhere from 6 to 12 treatment sessions, though ultimately this depends on the nature of your injury, as well as how well your body responds to the treatments.
What Are the Main Benefits for Athletes?
As part of a comprehensive treatment plan, MLS provides the following major benefits for our patients:
- Rapid pain relief. Most people experience a dramatic reduction in painful symptoms after only 1-3 treatment sessions.
- Cumulative, long-lasting results. The laser doesn’t just provide temporary relief, but actually accelerates cellular healing and regeneration. This is not a treatment that simply masks the pain, but actually makes you better.
- Treatment sessions are brief, with no downtime required after the appointment.
- No medications. You don’t have to take any drugs, medications, or put anything in your body. This is an all-natural treatment that simply invigorates your own natural biological processes.
- No known side effects. Self-explanatory. We’re not exaggerating when we say this is one of the absolute safest, most comfortable treatments available.
- Extremely few contraindications. MLS can be combined safely with virtually any other treatments, including physical therapy, massage, electrotherapy, surgery, and more. It is safe to use over metal and most medical implants, as well.
- Earlier return to play. Because the treatment helps you rapidly relieve pain and accelerate healing, you’re able to hit your rehab earlier and harder and get back to activity shape much faster.
- Conservative alternative to surgery. In the past, chronic pain that wasn’t responding to physical therapy or other conservative treatments would often get referred to surgery. But MLS therapy is now able to get athletes “over the hump” and finally heal those stubborn injuries.
As we said above—if you absolutely can’t stand being away from training and activity and need to get back to full strength as quickly as possible, there’s a great chance that MLS laser therapy can help you.
To schedule your appointment with the Colorado Center for Podiatric Sports Medicine, please complete our contact form online, or give us a call at (720) 600-3380 today.